Captain America’s trusty shield has become a fixture of Marvel lore and a globally recognized icon. For 75 years now, the simple red, white and blue shield has always been at the First Avenger’s side. The shield debuted alongside Cap in 1941 and was encased in arctic ice with him until he was rediscovered in the modern era.
Like the Super-Soldier Steve Rogers himself, the shield is one-of-a-kind. Constructed from a Vibranium-metal alloy that has never been duplicated, Cap’s shield is virtually indestructible.
A wonder of engineering, the shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric design, enable it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum and absorb massive impacts without sustaining damage.
Celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Captain America and an enduring part of his legacy and persona with this incredible, shield shaped, legal tender tribute. This milestone in minting technology is authorized by the island nation of Fiji and looks just like Cap’s shield!
* Original Packaging and Numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
* Solid Silver Certificate of Authenticity (2 grams .999 fine).
* Beautiful black lacquered wooden presentation case with satin lining.
* Includes matching cloisonné-style lapel pin.
* Officially Licensed Marvel Collectible.
* Struck from 2 oz. of 99.9% pure Proof Silver.
* The World’s first 2 oz. shield-shaped silver coin.
* The 2016 Captain America 2 oz. Shield coin has an extremely limited mintage of only 7,500!
The reverse design features an exact replica of Captain America’s Vibranium-alloy Shield in full color!
Issued by the island nation of Fiji as legal tender, the coin’s obverse depicts the Fiji Coat of Arms, the 2016 year-date, weight, purity, and the monetary denomination.
Call 1-888-726-5558 to place your order by phone and receive discounts when you pay by check or bank wire.