The “Kruzenshtern” is the sixth and the last coin issued by the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus in the “Sailing ships” series. The series of commemorative coins has been de-voted to the most magnificent and recognizable ships. Their unique charm and excellence have been represented on the coins in a dynamic way. Coins are produced using the first time in the world, the integral HOLOGRAM technology with an image of the wind rose. The series includes the following coins: “Sedov” (2008), “Dar Pomorza” (2009), “Amerigo Vespucci” (2010),“USS Constitution” (2010) and “Cutty Sark” (2011).
The Cutty Sark is the world’s sole surviving extreme clipper, a type of vessel that was the highest development of the fast commercial sailing ship. She is internationally appreciated for her beauty and is one of the most famous ships in the world. Her fine lines – a considerable part of her appeal – are defined by her frames. She is the best surviving example of construction technique and of which she is of exceptional quality. As a tea clipper, she is tangible evidence of the importance of tea in 19th century trade and cultural life.
* Struck from 92.5% Silver
* Certificate of Authenticity
* Presentation Packaging
* Laser Hologram
* The 2011 Silver Kruzenshtern has a very limited mintage of only 7,000!
Obverse: In the upper part of the coin – the Coat of Arms of the Republic of Belarus and an inscription: РЭСПУБЛIКА БЕЛАРУСЬ (Republic of Belarus). In the central part – laser made hologram depicting wind rose. In the background – navigation map. Along the rim – the issue year (2011) and the face value: 20 РУБЛЁЎ (20 Roubles).
Reverse: In the center – an image of Kruzenshtern with a seascape in the background. Below it – a miniature of the ship (side view) and the inscription in Belarusian: KRUZENSHTERN.
Designer: Dobrochna Surajewska
The Kruzenshtern is a four masted barque, one of the largest (next to the Sedov and the Royal Clipper) tall ships and the last windjammers in the world. It was built in 1926 at the J. C. Tecklenborg shipyard in Wesermunde for Ferdinand Laeisz. Its sail area reaches 3,400 m2, and the maximum height of the 4 masts is over 51 meters. For many years the ship was used as a cargo vessel under the name of Padua, bringing to Europe saltpeter from Chile in South America. Following World War II it was used by the USSR as the Kruzenshtern, as a tribute to the leader of the first Russian circumnavigation of the Earth, which was undertaken in the years 1803-06. Today the ship is used as a training vessel for the fisheries.
Call 1-888-726-5558 to place your order by phone and receive discounts when you pay by check or bank wire.