A FIRST! The coin comes in its very own music box!
To commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, the Royal Canadian Mint pays tribute to the organization's rich artistic legacy within Canada and abroad.
• A FIRST! The coin comes in its very own music box! The fairytale-like image is protected by a customized case that plays Sleeping Beauty (Valse) melody by Tchaikovsky when opened.
• A FIRST! A Royal Canadian Mint exclusive, this coin features the use of an advanced "Sheer Effect" colorization technique used for the first time! This shimmery color innovation faithfully recreates the intricate, soft-colored costumes worn by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet dancers in the lavish production of The Sleeping Beauty.
• Your coin is certified 99.99% pure silver, is GST/HST exempt and has a limited worldwide mintage.
* Struck from 99.99% pure Proof Silver
* Certificate of Authenticity
* Presentation Packaging
* The 2014 Winnipeg Ballet 1 oz. Silver Proof has an extremely limited mintage of only 7,500!
The reverse image is an engraved rendition of a photograph by one of Canada's foremost dance photographers, David Cooper. This overhead view features six dancers from the Royal Winnipeg Ballet's lavish production of The Sleeping Beauty in tutus designed by Shannon Lovelace – a ballet classic that brings together timeless choreography from Marius Petipa and the spellbinding music of Tchaikovsky. With their arms outstretched and intertwined, the dancers form a snowflake-like pattern as they lean forward, their right legs outstretched in front of them so that their point shoes meet at the centre. Advanced "Sheer Effect" colour faithfully recreates the stunning costumes worn by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet's dancers and further showcases the beautiful embellishments that adorn their traditional platter tutus.
The coin comes in its very own music box!
Call 1-888-726-5558 to place your order by phone and receive discounts when you pay by check or bank wire.