VERY LOW POP: Only 28 Exist in PF69 FIRST RELEASES
Only available from Harvestor Investments, the 2014 Silver Superman 1/2 oz. Proof in NGC PF69 FIRST RELEASES. Only 28 coins exist and with the First Releases deadline long past, no more will ever be created!
“And so was created… SUPERMAN!” In 1938, the world was first introduced to the now-famous superhero with the debut of Action Comics #1. Arguably the most famous comic book of all time, its iconic cover inspired readers to believe in what seemed to be impossible in those troubled days: a costumed man with unparalleled strength “who had sworn to devote his existence to helping those in need.”
Action Comics #1 was an anthology of stories that introduced several characters, but none proved as enduring as the hero featured in the first story. As “Champion of the Oppressed,” Superman springs into action in a number of situations in this first issue, from stopping a pending execution to interfering with a wife beating. Later, Clark succeeds in getting a date with Lois Lane, but it ends on an unexpected note when a rebuffed hoodlum named Butch abducts Lois. This leads to an impressive show of strength–the scene that is depicted both on the comic book cover and as the coin's stunning reverse image.
• Commemorates the debut of Superman as he appeared on the cover of Action Comics #1
• A celebration of the iconic art that has graced the covers of Superman comic books throughout all eras of Superman's tenure, from 1938 to the present.
• Different finishes and expert engraving bring the dynamic movement of the reverse image to life, creating the impression that Superman is soaring high in an attempt to break free from the coin itself.
• Advanced engraving techniques are used to frame the image within a series of concentric circles to create added depth and motion to the design.
* Struck from 99.99% pure Proof Silver
* Certified NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo First Releases
* Only 28 Exist in PF69 FIRST RELEASES
* The 2014 Superman™ 1/2 oz. Silver Proof has an extremely limited mintage of only 10,000!
The reverse image, provided by DC Comics, recreates the cover of Action Comics #1 which is arguably the most famous comic book of all time. In the scene, Superman foils the attempted abduction of Lois Lane by stopping the gangsters' green car, hoisting it high above his head and smashing the front of it against a rock. Brilliant color highlights our superhero's iconic costume, as well as the now-damaged getaway car. Within the image's inner rim, two of the villains cower in fear at this impressive show of strength, while one of the car's tires lies embedded in the rim. Another villain overlaps the outer rim in the foreground, adding dimension to the image.
Since his first appearance in 1938, millions of readers and movie-goers have been captivated by the adventures of Clark Kent and his secret identity as Superman. Safe from the destruction of his home planet Krypton, the infant space traveller was discovered near Smallville, Kansas, by Jonathan and Martha Kent, who raised him as their son. They instilled in him the strong values and beliefs that compel him to use his superhuman abilities for the greater good. As an adult living in the big city of Metropolis, Clark keeps his powers a secret thanks to his persona as a mild-mannered reporter; but as Superman, he becomes a powerful symbol of valour, strength and justice while battling some of the greatest villains of all time.
Call 1-888-726-5558 to place your order by phone and receive discounts when you pay by check or bank wire.