VERY LOW POP: Only 28 Exist in PF70 FIRST RELEASES
Only available from Harvestor Investments, the 2014 Silver Superman 1 oz. Proof in perfect NGC PF70 FIRST RELEASES. Only 28 coins exist and with the First Releases deadline long past, no more will ever be created!
Released in 2012, Superman Annual 1 was the Man of Steel's first annual within the New 52 universe, which relaunched DC Comics titles in 2011 with revamped storylines. As Superman Annual #1's tagline suggests, “The Man of Steel faces an alien extinction” with the return of Helspont, a Daemonite who views humanity as the key to the genetic salvation of his people. Despite Superman's confident pose on the cover–and on the coin's reverse–he and Earth's heroes come under attack. Overpowering Superman, Helspont tells him he is sparing his life because he considers Superman to be the defender of his “investment.” With a final, taunting mention of Superman's father, Jor-El, Helspont leaves Superman to ponder his role and this latest threat to humanity: “Everything I've accomplished, every life I've ever saved–what good has it all been if someone so much more powerful than I am can just come and... take it all away?”
• Inspired by the cover of Superman Annual #1, Superman is depicted in all of his greatness.
• A celebration of the iconic art that has graced the covers of Superman comic books throughout all eras of Superman's tenure, from 1938 to the present.
• Different finishes and expert engraving bring the dynamic movement of the reverse image to life, creating the impression that Superman is stepping out of the coin.
• Advanced engraving techniques are used to frame the image within a series of concentric circles to create added depth and motion to the design.
* Struck from 99.99% pure Proof Silver
* Certified NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo First Releases
* Only 28 Exist in PF70 FIRST RELEASES
* The 2014 Superman™ 1 oz. Silver Proof has an extremely limited mintage of only 10,000!
Taken from Superman Annual #1, the coin's reverse image depicts the Superman of the New 52 universe as though he is stepping out of the image's field. As flashes of light crackle around him, his fixed, heated glare conveys strength and power. His blue and red Kryptonian battle armour is on full display; his familiar red cape crisply extends behind him as he moves away from the glinting Fortress of Solitude seen along the left edge. A series of concentric circles frame the image, further contributing to the design's dynamic movement by creating an optical effect of motion.
Since his first appearance in 1938, millions of readers and movie-goers have been captivated by the adventures of Clark Kent and his secret identity as Superman. Safe from the destruction of his home planet Krypton, the infant space traveller was discovered near Smallville, Kansas, by Jonathan and Martha Kent, who raised him as their son. They instilled in him the strong values and beliefs that compel him to use his superhuman abilities for the greater good. As an adult living in the big city of Metropolis, Clark keeps his powers a secret thanks to his persona as a mild-mannered reporter; but as Superman, he becomes a powerful symbol of valour, strength and justice while battling some of the greatest villains of all time.
Call 1-888-726-5558 to place your order by phone and receive discounts when you pay by check or bank wire.